Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Fun


Valentine's Day with the kids this year was really a lot of fun. We had a great time making little gifts and cards for our friends and family over the past few weeks, and actually got them delivered on time. We made some fun Valentine crafts and ate lots of sweet treats!


Since the holiday fell on a Monday, we decided to celebrate yesterday. We started with a fun Valentine breakfast with pink heart-shaped pancakes, pink yogurt and purple smoothies. We exchanged some little Valentine gifts. Aidan loved his little gear and brad set and started crafting right away. Addie took her jar of bubbles into the bathtub and got to work after breakfast.


I gave Matt the little picture I had embroidered for him. I found this awesome idea at The Modern Lady. She even has a free pattern you can download that makes this project super simple. This was my first embroidery project; and I wish I would have used a few more strands of thread; but, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I can't wait to try something else, maybe some kitschy dish towels.


This morning I woke up to find beautiful pink tulips and a cheery note from my family. Tonight, we had strawberries and chocolate fondue for dessert to finish up our holiday celebrations. Everyone had lots of fun dipping and munching, until Aidan stabbed himself in the hand with his fork. We bandaged him up and he went right back to dipping, so I think he will survive.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by at my blog.

    Your blog is nice fun!
    You seem to have had loads of fun this Valentine. Your kids are adorable and Girlie is damn cute.
    Sweet of them to have made a card for you.

    I had loved her Snow Queen Tutu a lot. If i have a girl, i will have to make one for her...am coming back to you for patterns.
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much and thanks for following my blog too!

    ReplyDelete