I finally finished my sweet Adelaide's valentine dress. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I used a McCall's pattern (M5835) and some pretty old-fashioned Valentine fabric from Joann's. It was more difficult than any other patterns I have tried; but, it gave me a chance to try out some of my fun sewing machine feet and learn some new skills.
I had to make lots of ruffles which I hadn't done before and I decided to try out a pretty decorative heart stitch for the dress hem. I was terrified the entire time that I was going to screw something up; but, it came out just fine.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new sewing machine. It just works all the time; which, for me, is a completely new experience. It was the best birthday present ever!