Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bird Baggin' It



This week's Iron Craft theme was "Green".  We could either craft something using the color green or reuse something in a unique and crafty "green" way.  I decided to go with the color theme.  I already had a set of fat quarters  in my stash in shades of green that I knew I wanted to use.  I love love love anything with birds or botanical prints.  My bestie refers to this as my love of "old lady stuff" and regularly reminds me that I am still under the age of 70.  For my part, I blatantly ignore her and nail another butterfly picture to the wall.


Anyway, I decided to make a little "Nature Bag" for all of the treasures the kids collect on our walks in the park and around the neighborhood.  I found this great tutorial.  It was such a quick and easy project, that I ended up making two more so that they could each have their own.  I used three different fabrics for each to make the outer bag, lining and handles in coordinating prints.  It was the perfect use for my stack of fat quarters.  I left the gussets out of Aidan's to give it a "manlier" totebag feel... that is, if a "Nature Bag" can really have that manly of a feel to begin with!








2 comments:

  1. Kids just love bags to put their "things" in so this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Aiden must have the 'manly' basket thatch print rather than the 'girly' botanical prints? (And by girly, I mean old lady) ;)

    ReplyDelete