Saturday, February 23, 2013

DIY Stickers



Most of the schools around here are on Winter Break this week, so I figured we should take it easy, too. I planned a light week of school and some fun activities for the kids. Friday, we decided to try making our own stickers. They were so simple and fun to do.  I can't believe we haven't tried them before.

I just combined two envelopes of unflavored gelatin with one cup of water. I heated until the gelatin dissolved and then I added a half teaspoon of peppermint extract and left the mixture to cool.


While I was making the paste, the kids colored some small outline pictures and also drew and colored a few shapes of their own.


Next they cut their sticker shapes out and placed them face down in a tray.


When our paste mixture had cooled, we painted a thin coating on the back of our stickers and left them to dry.


Now all that's left to do is lick... and stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment