Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ladybugs and Lazybugs


Iron Craft Challenge #13: Best in Show, was all about animals. I know some of you were hoping I would make GP, our guinea pig, another tutu; but, she was pretty traumatized by the last one. So, I decided to make Adelaide this cute little ladybug dress. I bought the pattern and fabric a while ago; but I needed a little "iron craft" motivation to get me started!


The pattern is "Pillowcase Fashions" by Simplicity (#2383). It was a cute pattern and the dress itself didn't take too long to make. I did have to spend some extra time figuring out the ladybug applique because I hadn't made one before. It definitely isn't perfect; but, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. There were several different animal applique choices; but I knew Addie would like the ladybug. She actually refers to them as "lazybugs". I never correct her because I think it's hilarious.


I had some extra material when I finished the dress, so I made a little matching flower clip to complete the ensemble. Now, if only spring would arrive, she could actually wear the outfit OUTSIDE!

2 comments: