Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Little Gnome Hat



This week's Iron Craft challenge, "... and the Oscar goes too...", was to create a movie-themed craft. I had a really tough time coming up with ideas. I wandered around the craft store this weekend looking for inspiration and couldn't really come up with anything very exciting.

I have been wanting to take the kids to see Gnomeo and Juliet. I think it looks really cute and any movie that combines Shakespeare, Elton John and gnomes sounds fun to me. We haven't gone to see it yet. My kids are not the bravest and Aidan is especially nervous about going to see a movie in a theater. We have tried a few times in the past without much success. I think I may take Addie this weekend while the guys find something else to do.

So... I finally decided on Tuesday evening to make Addie a gnome hat with a nice heavy wool yarn. She was already asleep when I finished it; but, I still managed to slip it on for one picture. Hopefully, she can wear it this weekend for a movie date with mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment