Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Meal Plans...



I'm trying to get back into meal planning around here now that all the summer fun has passed.  We're busy with school, church, cub scouts and music lessons and dinner seems to creep up quickly without a plan.  I started up our Door to Door subscription again for the fall; and, I want to make sure that I take advantage of all the goodies in our boxes... it definitely takes some planning to use all that kale!

So... here's my plan for the week:

Monday:  Pulled Pork Tacos with Corn Salsa (I just put a dry-rubbed pork shoulder in the Crock Pot and made some salsa with all our leftover odds and ends from the weekend:  corn, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and lime.  I've got corn tortillas, cheese and plain yogurt to go with.  Matt's in charge of dinner on Monday nights while I take Aidan to CCD.  I try to at least have a plan for him and a few things started.  For dessert, I made a yummy Chocolate Ganache Raspberry Tart.  We had tons of raspberries left from our picking this weekend and I already had the tart dough in the freezer so it seemed like just the right choice!

Tuesday:  Dinner Out

Wednesday:  Spaghetti and Meatballs, Steamed Broccoli, Garlic Bread and a Salad.  We have four different activities Wednesday evening; so, I wanted something quick and easy.

Thursday:  Beef Brisket Sandwiches with Homemade Rolls and Green Beans... I may make some French Fries for Ads so she won't suffer too greatly.

Friday:  Baked Chicken, Buttered Noodles and Broccoli and Carrots (I'm headed out of town for the weekend so I'm planning to make big batches of everything all week so that Matt and the kids will have plenty to eat!  Little Caesar's is pretty close though, so I think they'll be just fine!)


For lunches this week, I'm planning to make Stir Fried Veggies and Rice, Turkey Noodle Soup (with leftovers from last night's "Fancy Dinner") and some Kale Chips.  The other days we'll fill in with leftovers.  Nothing super exciting on the breakfast front; but, I do want to make biscuits one morning to have with the Crock Pot Apple Butter I made last night.  It is delicious!  I was a little worried that it made such a huge batch; but, now that I've tasted it, I think we will have no problems polishing it off!



If you are looking for recipes, I pin most of my weekly recipes and inspirations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment