Saturday, February 25, 2012

A New Project


I just started taking a series of garment sewing classes at our local sewing shop. I'm having a great time and it's given me the confidence to start some new projects of my own. I've had this book for a while and I decided to make Adelaide a little cape last weekend. I wasn't sure where to find 100% wool fabric or if it would work well, so I just used a wool blend felt and it was really nice to sew. The project turned out really cute and Addie loved it so I'm happy to present...

The Adelaide Poncho!


Perfect for long walks in the woods,


raking leaves,


examining coyote poop,


and terrorizing chickens.


Bright colors and cheery decorative trim make this a great springtime wardrobe addition. Unrivaled freedom of movement allows for optimum brother smacking with garden implements, making this garment the perfect marriage of form and function.

1 comment: