Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tiny Pieces EVERYWHERE!


This week, we tried out two new projects: Lite-Brite and Fuse Beads! We brought back my old Lite-Brite from Ohio for Aidan and tucked it away in the basement. Today was a hot, humid day and Addie was taking a long nap, so I figured it was a great day to bring it out. When I took it out of the box, it seemed much smaller than I remembered. I guess I'm just bigger. I plugged it in and the twenty-five-year-old lightbulb still worked!


Aidan had a blast with it. He dumped ALL of the pegs out so he could "see them better". We made some shapes, letters and smiley faces. His only complaint was that the pegs were full of air bubbles. Aidan has high quality control standards.


Fuse Beads were one of my favorites when I was a kid. You design a pattern on a little plastic peg board and then iron it with piece of paper between. The plastic melts a little and the pictures stick together. This weekend, Aidan and I found a set at Joann's made for tiny fingers. The beads are much bigger. The kids had a great time with them. Aidan made a "gear machine" with his, big surprise, I know! Adelaide was more into sorting and organizing them. I made a fish and a school bus, in case you're wondering!






No comments:

Post a Comment