Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yarning Along for the First Time

One of my favorite bloggers hosts a weekly link party called Yarn Along.  Everyone shares a photo of what they're knitting and reading.  Most of the knitting projects are beyond my skill level; but, I have found some great books through the links.

This week, I thought I'd give it a try!


I'm reading The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter.  I've read two other Porter books: A Girl of the Limberlost and Freckles.  They were both wonderful.  I've had a tougher time getting into this one; but, I think I'm going to still plow through.

I am working on a sweater for myself that, I believe, is now THREE YEARS in the making.  I usually just knit small projects for the kids to keep things interesting.  I seem to lose interest in this sweater quickly as its pretty repetitive.  However, I'm down to a sleeve and a half and she'll be done.  I'll let you know how it turns out in 2015!

2 comments: