Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Words of Wisdom

"Come on! You can pick your nose in the house!" The words of wisdom I impart to my son as I rush him into the house to finish making dinner tonight. Chili, cornbread and pineapple cupcakes. He obliges, and finishes his work in the entryway.


Four and a half years into a two year stint in Detroit, I find myself with two children and a third on the way. My heart may be in Youngstown but my reality is definitely in the D. Two years ago, I decided to make the best of our situation here and have been trying to do so ever since. Cooking, gardening and caring for my children fills my days.


I hope to use this blog to keep friends and family updated, share recipes and distract me from a nagging Facebook addiction. We'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment