Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rough Two Weeks but Back on Track

It's been almost two weeks since my first posting and what a busy two weeks we've had. Stomach flu and colds for the family and a miscarriage for me. We're all finally over the worst of it and REALLY looking forward to Thanksgiving. Our families are heading up from Ohio to spend the long weekend. I've been busy planning the menu, shopping and getting the house in order.

Today, I started DAY ONE of the cooking preparations. This morning I baked two loaves of rye bread for the rye stuffing. It did seem a bit odd to bake bread today just so it would have time to get stale! I'm trying a new kind of cranberry relish this year (and enjoying my new camera). It is uncooked and made with oranges, apples, and allspice. It's supposed to sit in the fridge for a few days and "do its thing". We shall see!


Aidan and I baked sugar cookies today with my favorite cookie recipe. He dug through the cookie cutters to pick out some Thanksgiving shapes. We ended up with hammers, saws and race cars! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment