Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Skirting: The Issue



This spring I took several garment sewing classes at my favorite local sewing shop, All Stitched Up.  I just learned last week that they are going out of business.  I'm so sad about losing such a great local resource and I will miss the friends I've made there.  On a brighter note... I plan to hit that liquidation sale hard! 

I really enjoyed the series of classes.  Before them,  I had really only been making clothes for the kids.  These classes focused on making clothing for myself.  We started with a simple pajama bottom and worked our way up through nightshirts, knit tops and blouses.  The classes gave me a lot of information and also the courage to start making more items for myself!

I wanted to make myself some fun summer skirts.  I used a very simple pattern (Simplicity # 2368) and had great results and a pretty good fit.  The skirts go together so quickly that I have now gotten myself into the habit of buying all sorts of fabric to make more.  My pile keeps growing.  I suppose I should stop typing and start sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment